Whether you’re starting your own business or already have one established, having your own company custom t-shirt is a great way of strengthening your brand and creating better brand recognition. It can also help bring together your employees and solidify their relationship with the company. Custom t-shirts can be used for a variety of things, from office trips and uniforms, to marketing collateral and contest giveaways.
If you’re looking to design your company t-shirt, here are some tips that may help you on your way.
- Plan your design – Before you put pen to paper, ask yourself what kind of characteristics do you want your design to have? Do you want it strong and bold or light and playful? Are you creating an entirely new logo or using one you already have? Think of a theme that goes well with your company’s philosophy and branch out from there.
- Brand message – What kind of message do you want your t-shirt to relay? If you’re creating a design for a specific event and purpose, write down all the particulars that you want the design to have, from text to graphics. Stay within the confines of your brand identity but don’t be afraid to get creative as well.
- Scope out the competition – If you’re having trouble coming up with a design, a good place to start is by scoping out what the competition is doing. But don’t copy their designs. Use their designs as reference and take note of the things that you think work and don’t work and apply it to your own design.
- Choose a color scheme – Choose the colors you want to use for the t-shirt, from the color of the t-shirt to the graphic and text colors. While it might be tempting to use a lot of colors to make your design pop, it’s best to stick to a few, about two to three, so as to not overwhelm the design. Pick one color then study the color wheel and see which colors complement it. Make sure the colors you choose are in line with your brand/business and is appropriate for the given subject matter. For example, if you’re designing a fun run event for your company and advocate breast cancer awareness, choose colors that will complement the color pink.
- Make a rough sketch of your design on paper – Draw your design on paper and experiment with different elements. Play with different proportions, shapes, and colors.
- Transfer your sketch to the computer – Scan your design and edit it with graphic design software like Adobe Illustrator. Create a vector outline of your design and edit it digitally, applying colors and shading wherever appropriate. You can also use a photo from your collection or a purchased stock image with your design.
Need professional help with your design? We offer design services to create unique designs for your company and upcoming events.
For custom t-shirts, jackets, and hats, contact Name of the Game. We can design and create all your custom apparel for your next company event. We service Lake Forest and surrounding areas in Orange County, California.